Sunday, August 9, 2009

Plane Watching

Recently I went after work to the airport to eat dinner at Typhoon, the pan-asian restaurant whose dining room has a great view of the runway. While I was there, I got to see this beautiful plane take off:


photo by Kai Engstroem, used with permission.

He used about 500 feet of runway to take off and shot straight up into the air. He must have been climbing at least 1,500 feet per minute. Very cool! I also decided that the Learjet is my favorite business jet:


photo by Andre Wadman, used with permission.

I'm not basing that on anything other than looks. I just love that sleek nose, the blended winglets and those cool-looking, downward-facing stabilizer things on the tail. Everything about this plane makes me swoon. Now I just need to find a rich uncle...

* Both photos courtesy of airliners.net, used with permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment